Tuesday, November 12, 2013

Dumb Question, Smart Answer from Wawrinka



If there was ever a question designed to start a rivalry between two players, this was it. Credit to Stanislas the Manislas Wawrinka for not falling into the trap. I'm sure it was a good-natured question, asked in a good-natured manner, but still, a TRAP.

Here's what Wawrinka was asked after he defeated Tomas Berdych in his first round-robin match at this year's ATP World Tour Finals in London:
Q. So now it's clear that Wawrinka is better than Berdych.

STANISLAS WAWRINKA: The ranking doesn't lie. He's No.5 or 6. I'm only No.8. So far he's the best player. For sure this year, I play him three times, I beat him three times. Three important ones. First in Madrid to come back into the top 10, then US Open to make my first semifinal and then here. I'm really happy the way I'm playing against him, but it doesn't mean I'm a better tennis player than him.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Leave your two cents here!