Sunday, December 29, 2013

Wozniacki Pulls Out of Brisbane with Shoulder Stiffness



She's been one of the workhorses of the WTA Tour, so it's definitely surprising to see Denmark's Caroline Wozniacki pull out of her first event of the season with a shoulder injury, but that is precisely the case as the World No. 10 announced her withdrawal from the Brisbane International on Saturday, citing tightness in her right shoulder.

Here's what Woz had to say, per the Brisbane International's official site:

“I thought the right decision for me was to withdraw from here. It’s obviously very disappointing because I really look forward to playing here and starting off the year here. I just feel like for me it’s more important that I really get 100 per cent and make sure that it doesn’t get worse.”

“Right now I just need some good physio, good treatment, and my head is still in Sydney. I’ve been working really well and hard in this off‑season with no problems.”

Wozniacki, who began work with new coach Thomas Hogstedt this off-season, has played sixty or more matches in each of the last six seasons.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Leave your two cents here!