Saturday, December 31, 2011

The Prince of Abu Dhabi


===
I honestly don't know how much of a correlation you can make between the winner of this weekend's exhibition in Abu Dhabi and who is going to make some noise at the upcoming (yes, really) Australian Open, but if there is any correlation, all signs are pointing to Novak Djokovic being in fine form once again in 2012. He was dominant in Abu Dhabi, just as he was dominant in 2011.

As for Roger Federer, he'll still be "officially" riding a 17-match winning streak when he takes the court in Doha vs. Nikolay Davydenko next week, but the 6-2, 6-1 thrashing at the hands of Djokovic probably won't do much for his confidence (nor will the straight sets loss to Rafa in the consolation match). Then again, maybe he's forgotten it already. I guess only Roger truly knows. And similarly, probably Rafa only knows what the fact that he was beaten in straight sets by David Ferrer means for his chances in Melbourne, bad shoulder and all.

So here's my question regarding Abu Dhabi: Should we pretend it never happened, even though it did? I'm confused.

That said, you can have a look at some of the highlights and form your own opinions.

Here you go:

Federer-Djokovic



Djokovic-Monfils:



Nadal-Federer:



And you can keep an eye on Federer and Nadal next week as they make their way to Doha for their first official event of the year.

2 comments:

  1. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete
  2. After looking at a few of the blog posts on your site, I
    seriously like your techniquje of writing a blog.
    I book-marked it to my bookmmark site list annd will bbe checking back soon. Please
    visit my web site too and tell me yur opinion.

    Here is my weblog ... weight issues tumblr

    ReplyDelete

Leave your two cents here!