I decided that a post that covers the various convoluted WTF semifinal qualification scenarios would be a good thing right now. If it leaves one or more of you less confused then you were when you started reading this, then I'll consider my job done.
Group B Singles:
Group B singles are actually very simple. All you kneed to know is...
1) Federer wins the group no matter what
2) The winner of Tsonga-Nadal gets the 2nd spot.
Wasn't that easy?
Group B Doubles:
Key: ZimLlod=Zimonjic and Llodra, NesMyr= Nestor and Myrni, Indo-Pak = Bopanna and Qureshi, FyrMat = Fyrstenberg and Matkowski.
Myrni and Nestor are the only undefeated group, and on the strength of those two wins, they will qualify for the semis, win or lose. Bopanna and Qureshi are already eliminated. There are actually only four ways the Group B Dubs can play out. They are as follows:
1. if ZimLlod d. NesMyr and Indo-Pak d. FyrMat, then ZimLlod get 1st and NesMyr get 2nd.
2. If NesMyr d. ZimLlod and FyrMat d. Indo-Pak, then NesMyr get 1st and FyrMat get 2nd.
3. If ZimLlod d. NesMyr and FyrMat d. Indo-Pak, then ZimLlod get 1st and NesMyr get 2nd.
4. If NesMyr d. ZimLlod and Indo-Pak d. FyrMat, then NesMyr get 1st and ZimLlod get 2nd.
I hope this helped you as much as it helped me.